There is TV. Then there is StarTimes. While ordinary TV provides us with the basics – News, and regular programming – StarTimes adds more entertainment in the form of sports, movies, music, religious shows, documentaries and much more.
More than 76 channels are available at an affordable monthly cost, all packaged in 4 flexible bouquets.
To get started, all you need is the new, sleek StarTimes Light decoder, or a StarTimes Free To Air decoder.
The StarTimes Light Decoder is priced at KSh. 1,699, with the pricing inclusive of subscription of KSh. 1,500 to a bouquet of your choice.
The StarTimes High Definition Light Decoder (HD Decoder) offers TV at a much higher video quality than the ordinary decoder. At the moment, channels available in HD on StarTimes include NBA TV HD and Bollywood HD.
Do note, to enjoy TV in high definition, you will need a High Definition TV that sports a HDMI input, to which you will connect to the HDMI port on your StarTimes HD Light Decoder using the provided HDMI cable.
The StarTimes HD Light Decoder retails at KSh. 2,499, inclusive of a KSh. 1,500 subscription to a bouquet of your choice.
If you are looking at watching TV without monthly payments, then the StarTimes Free to Air decoder (FTA decoder) retailing at KSh. 3,299 is what you should go for. This still includes a one-month subscription to a bouquet of your choice worth KSh. 1,499.
Even with a Free to Air decoder, you can still switch to Pay TV to watch any of our premium content, including African, Hollywood, and Bollywood content at any time. This can be done by topping up the account linked to your FTA decoder to access a bouquet of your choice.
If using your decoder for the first time, activate it by dialling *858# on your phone.
You can change your bouquet by dialling *858# on your mobile phone, and selecting option 4.
Other options to manage your decoder, including changing from Free to Air TV to Pay TV, can all be accessed by dialling *858#.
A list of bouquets on StarTimes are as below:
- Nyota Bouquet – Offers 8 international channels and over 55 local channels
- Basic Bouquet – Offers 37+ international channels and local channels
- Classic Bouquet – Offers 57+ international channels and local channels
- Unique Bouquet – Offers 76+ international channels and local channels
If you are having a problem with your decoder, make sure:
- The aerial cable is connected to the “RF In” output
- You have correctly connected your decoder to the TV, matching the Yellow, White and Red outputs on your decoder to those on your cable and those on your TV. The Yellow output on the decoder needs to be connected to the Yellow input on your TV.
- Your card is inserted in the decoder, correctly, with the chip facing up.
- For poor signal problems, ensure the connection between the aerial cable, the connector and the decoder isn’t broken at any point. For an internal aerial, try placing this at the window. For best performance, use a recommended external aerial (also available from StarTimes retailers).
We hope you enjoy, your digital life.